Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Jimmy Durante & Auguste Rodin

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rodin's Thinker Had Me Thinkin'

Auguste Rodin's  The Thinker  (ArtDaily 5/29/14)

...about
something


Jimmy 
Durante
said


that got 
tattoed  

inside my head!







Jimmy Durante

  In 1961, there was an episode of a TV show
  called Make Room For Daddy.

  It featured Jimmy Durante & Danny Thomas
  at an Art Museum.

  Danny pointed to a statue and said
"That's Rodin's Thinker."

  In his distinct nasal voice, Jimmy replied  
"I know what he's thinkin' about.
  He's thinkin' Where did I leave my clothes?"






Danny Thomas

The twelve year-old boy who was watching this show
with his parents & sisters, did not laugh as much as 
the other people in the room.

But were he (a/k/a me) to not laugh 
in the presence of Great Art,
half the GoodFather pages
could have ended up 
in the same dump
as discarded 
Marilyn
.
.
.
.

Art is forever  and what is also true
it can help to add humor
to things you view.


Rodin's  The Burghers of Calais (Norton Simon Museum)




To this day, whenever
I see a Rodin
sculpture...

Jimmy Durante
always comes
to mind!








Auguste Rodin

_____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment