Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Letter To His Father

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Franz Kafka, age 5

I was an anxious child, and yet I am sure

I was also disobedient, as children are,

I am sure that Mother spoilt me too,

but I cannot believe that I was

particularly difficult to handle,

I cannot believe that you,

by directing a friendly word

my way or by giving me

a kind look, could not

have got everything

you wanted from me.

Franz Kafka


________________________________________________

Schocken Books




Had Hermann Kafka been 
a loving father to his son,
Franz Kafka...

This book might never
have been written.

And...Maybe...



Wishes would be horses
and beggars could fly.

But that's not all, folks...  




_______________________________________________
 
Designed by Peter Mendelsund
 
THE TRIAL would not have been
about a man who gets arrested for
no apparent reason without ever
learning the nature of the crime
he  is being locked up for.


BUT...

Franz Kafka could have written
a through-the-looking-glass 
version of  THE TRIAL.


THE E-TICKET would have been
about a man who gets something
for no apparent reason without
ever learning why he has won
an all-expense paid trip 
to Disneyland.





This is not Alice in Wonderland
Nor is it from THE E-TICKET


At the end of the story, the man
opens a door much larger 
than himself.

He finds a word written in letters
as large as the door.  

In rainbow colors,
they spell out on single word:
B-L-O-C-K B-U-S-T-E-R.
************************ 

The 1962 film version of Franz Kafka's
THE TRIAL was written & directed
by Orson Welles.


It starred Anthony Perkins.

The next Kafka page is here.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment