Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chico Hamilton, R.I.P.

____________________________________________________________________________________










Hamilton, who worked on films with Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby and Bob Hope,
recorded more than 60 albums as a bandleader and was an architect
of the West Coast cool jazz style.

Among the musicians inspired by Hamilton was Rolling Stones drummer,  Charlie Watts.

Watts later told the Los Angeles Times:
"Chico Hamilton was playing drums on the first record I bought.
I can't really explain how the music made me feel.
It was just something with the sound of the brushes.
But I just fell in love with it."

He was born Foreststorn Hamilton in Los Angeles on September 20, 1921,
and performed in a high school jazz band that included Dexter Gordon
and Charles Mingus. He said he acquired the name Chico
because "I was always a small dude."


That was Jefferson High School and the teacher was Samuel Rodney Browne.


∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫ ∫








In A Sentimental Mood

















The Wind









Chico Hamilton died on November 25th. You will find more of his music here.
____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment