Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, February 27, 2014

July 1963...President Kennedy Has Four Months To Live

_____________________________________________________________________________________




The cover price
of the current
issue is
$4.95









The July '63
ESQUIRE
was all about
literature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquire_%28magazine%29






Centerfold was  group photo
of what was referred to as
The Lost Generation.






They could not have been very lost. If they were,
ESQUIRE would never have found them. 



Surrealist artists–
Marcel Duchamp
& Man Ray–
are focused on
bejeweled
cleavage









But the man on the far right of the group photo appears to laughing the loudest.




He is Glenway Wescott.

The woman making him
laugh is Dawn Powell.

I am presently reading
The Happy Island,
my ninth Powell book. 

I experienced  my first
Dawning less than
one year ago.




Dawn had 2 years + 4 months to live.


There are at least twenty Good/GodFather  pages dedicated to Dawn Powell.
Let each of them give eyesight to the blind.

I always thought eyesight to the blind as a quote from Sonny Boy Williamson.
But he got it from a book called the Bible.

I will promise to read the Bible if you promise to read a Dawn Powell book.

That's an offer we both cannot refuse.

The next Dawn Powell page is here.
_____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment