Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cheerio For L.S. Lowry

____________________________________________________________________________________

L. S. Lowry is one of the most revered British artists
because of his numerous paintings and pencil drawings
that depict the atmosphere of the industrial areas
of Manchester and Salford, England
after World War II.

I am grateful to David, a blogger from the United Kingdom,
for the highlighted paragraph.

I am grateful to Mrs. CarPeo for enhancing my appreciation
of artists who are not "world famous."

I wish I was one of the winning Sotheby bidders...who now own
L.S. Lowry paintings.

According to today's Art Daily:
Lowry's iconic works fetch  total of $25.1 million at Sotheby's  



L.S. Lowry is an artist
I knew diddly about
until Mrs. CarPeo
enlightened me.

That is something
she only does on days 
that end in y














Britain At Play
(1943)



















Coming From The Mill
(1930) 



















Piccadilly Circus
(1960)








 






A Father & Two Sons
(1950)







There is more art by L.S. Lowry here.

Also, a previous page about Mr. Lowry is here
and his next page is there.
____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment