Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Father Frank: "First Photograph" & Last Baseball Game

______________________________________________________________________________________

December, 1929

Savatore & Marie Oliverio are flanked by five of their children. My father
is standing behind my grandparents. My namesake is in front of them.

This Christmas family photograph was taken in either Belle Vernon, PA
or Harlem, NY. At that time, Father Frank was minus seven months old.
My grandmother was two months pregnant when the picture was taken.

April 21, 2007

In 1936, my Uncle was six years old when he attended his first baseball game.
"It was at Yankee Stadium and Joe Dimaggio was a rookie."

In 2007, we were driven to Shea Stadium moments after Father Frank
attended his last concert and the performer was our chauffeur.


______________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
The watermarked photograph is the copyrighted property of the New York Mets.
______________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment