Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, November 4, 2013

ART On Toast

____________________________________________________________________________________

The GoodFather of Math will offer a pot of gold to anyone who can find a darker & funnier
satire on poverty than THE POOR MOUTH by Flann O'Brien, illustrated by Ralph Steadman.

The first illustration, which looks like it was drawn on a slice of toast, is followed
by three quotes. (More are available upon request)




At any rate, I was born there and truly this cannot be stated concerning any other house,
whether that fact be praise or blame.

I was very young at the time I was born and had not aged even a single day. For half a year
I did not perceive anything about me and did not know one person from the other.

Sometimes the smell in our house was so bad that I asked my mother to send me to school,
even though I could not walk correctly.

____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment