Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Not Magritte (#2)

______________________________________________________________________________________


       




This is not Magritte's CAR 







BUT...

Rene Magritte
The Lovers 
(1928)






 This is  Magritte's LOVERS












However...
there might have been some  hanky-panky going on in that car, underneath its hood.
______________________________________________________________________________________


3 comments:

  1. Sculpted not stirred
    Painted not papered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor Magritte told the story:

    I was shaken and stirred the morning
    two ugly models arrived at my studio.

    I would have sculpted them
    but it was not "Gargoyle Day."


    A dropcloth came to my rescue.

    I wrapped it around their heads
    then sat down at my easel...


    -From the LCSoL archives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, ugly makes good.

    ReplyDelete