Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 4, 2013

On My Father's 35th Birthday, DP Met GV

_____________________________________________________________________________________

At Sardi's in New York...


[I met] Gore Vidal–Luciferian-looking young man who called a couple of times.
Very gifted, brilliant and fixed in facility as I am.
Dawn Powell Diaries
March 11, 1954

Exactly seven months later, 11 October 1954, Tim Page was born. On that day,
my Father celebrated the eighth birthday of the most precious jewel in his life: Linda Oliverio.
Mr. Page is the editor and biographer of Dawn Powell.

It has been said that Mr. Vidal was channeling Ms. Powell when he said
"Andy Warhol is the only genius I've ever known with an I.Q. of 60."


_____________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
Only on the most transcendental levels do I believe there is a connection between
my father & my sister's birthday and the life of Dawn Powell. But the coincidence
is an invisibly precious jewel.

The next Dawn Powell page is here.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment