Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Knowing Rock & Roll Is As Simple As Black & White

______________________________________________________________________________________


If you do not know JOHNNY WATSON,
you do not really know Rock&Roll.
 





I robbed the local beauty contest

For their first place winner

They found her with me
out in Hollywood

Eating a big steak dinner








Steve Miller
Mr. Abracadabra


The original Gangster of Love
is the hyperlink above
but if the crow
must thank the dove
then Mr. Watson
thanks STEVE MILLER
whose cover of Gangster
helped propel the name 
Johnny "Guitar" Watson
into the hearts & minds of the young & the restless
and the rest of us. (I hope that
now includes:::
You:)





______________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
Pardon me while I savor the next hyperlink. It features Johnny Watson on guitar
but the singer is Cardella De Milo, who performed at Jefferson High School.

Her payment required the sale of 1200 donuts.
I should know: I was the fund raiser.

I do not recall the year but it was the day the verdict
was reached in OJ Simpson's  civil trial.

Ms. DeMilo put on one hell of a show for 1200 students.
Each one had purchased a donut from Mr. Oliverio.
LOL

God Bless, Cardella and enjoy her music but,
surely that is belaboring the obvious.

The song is  Aint Gonna Hush.
______________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment