Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 18, 2014

I Called The Long Beach Police

______________________________________________________________________________________





When the Plantasaurus tandem 
escaped from the Wahl Zoo 
in the 1100 block of 4th Street.

They were intent upon 
attacking the Senior Center 
(The tandem, not the police)

I was put on hold 
by the dispatcher.

I was put on hold 
for five minutes.

One minute for each name.


 
  A detective was the next person I talked to.

  Evidently, some of the people who frequent the Long Beach Senior Center
  are homeless exiles from the borders of Decency

  They were deemed expendable and the Detective promised to have
  my suspended driver's license re-instated if i could
  lead the plantasaurus tandem to those escapees.

"Their collective body odor is the equal of fifty cesspools. Their average age is 29
  but the toll of being homeless makes them look older than their grandparents.
  If they can be exterminated–if they become plant food–
  you're suspension will be terminated and the Center
  will stop smelling like a locker room.

"Thank you, Mr. Jones. I'll see what I can do."

"That's Detective Jones, Paul. Good luck."
______________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment