Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, November 10, 2014

She Said...He Said...(He/She #37) ©

______________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________

"Darling dearest, you missed an event this morning."

"We had too much fun last night. I had to sleep in."

"But I still had to have my early morning espresso.
 Your friend, the Poet Laureate of the Long Beach Jetty
 was there and ended up with everyone applauding him."

"You mean Marcel DuTramp. What did I miss this time?"

"He stood up on the patio and recited a poem, saying
 'It begins and ends with a line from Scott Fitzgerald.' 
  I remember it word-for-word."

"I'm all ears."

"I want someone stupid. Oh, send someone stupid.
 I don't want someone smart.
 Not someone with a heart.
 I don't want someone with a past
 But (maybe) someone made of glass.
 I want someone stupider than me
 So that I can simply be.
 I don't need a peach or a plum
 Just someone who makes me feel less dumb.   
 I want someone stupid. Oh, send someone stupid."

"Are you sure you didn't write that?"

"I'm not smart enough to write something like that."

"Am I dumb enough for you?"

"I'm not smart enough to answer that question."
__________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. See the Click and Clack MIT left brain, right brain commencement speech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I am smart enough
      to appreciate an MIT commencement speech.

      Delete