Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Too Personal To Call Photoverio

______________________________________________________________________________________


Lately,
I think of her
Not sixteen, like here but
Deliciously, eternally  twenty-eight
And one month

Oliverio who?  shot this…O-
Liverio who?  stood on the porch:
I know them
Vividly as our parents
Eternally tattooed memories
Recalled in every age of their lives
It is my own personal portmanteau:
Oternity!







Within seconds of this 1962 moment on our front lawn...
the brother pulled the sister down to the ground
where they had a full-blown tickle contest
on the grass.

The mother and father laughed without being tickled.

I  offered to pay for the dry-cleaning
of Linda's skirt and blouse.

Only the last sentence of this acrostic-verse
tattooed memory is pure fiction:
I was out-voted three to one
to pay the laundry bill.    

But the most important fact is this:
Without Mrs. CarPeo, the page
would not exist!


______________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment