Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, November 21, 2014

The Sum Total Of The Last Fifteen Pages

______________________________________________________________________________________

  More than 100 STEIG emails  between Mr. & Mrs. Carpeo.

  At least 1000 STEIG telephone words within a 4-day span.

  At least 1000 STEIG images considered, critiqued, stored,
  or disputed* or merely accessed within the same time frame. 

  Fourteen consecutive pages + preface about the exact same
  subject. (I have no idea how normal bloggers can do that
  sort of thing.)

*As many as one of those disputes ended in my favor
 (pronunciation of Steig to rhyme with League, notwithstanding). 

  My gratitude for Mrs. CarPeo's inspiration, labor & patience
  can only be measured after multiplying 100 x 1000 x 1000

  I speak on behalf of both of us and anyone with a sense of aesthetics,
  or merely anyone capable of spelling S-H-R-E-K, when I say:

 William Steig, thank you for existing
1907-2003



 










______________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment