Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bob Geldof & The Teenage Godmother of Sandy Hook

_____________________________________________________________________________________


I Don't Like Mondays
The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.
And daddy doesn't understand it,
He always said she was as good as gold.
And he can see no reason
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.
The telex machine is kept so clean
As it types to a waiting world.
And mother feels so shocked,
Father's world is rocked,
And their thoughts turn to
Their own little girl.
Sweet 16 ain't so peachy keen,
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat.
They can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.
All the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while.
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die.
And then the bullhorn crackles,
And the captain crackles,
With the problems and the how's and why's.
And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die?
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.

written in 1979 by Bob Geldof
performed by The Boomtown  Rats




Thirty-five years ago, campus-as-shooting-gallery was the exception rather than the rule.

On Monday, January 29, 1979, a barrage of gunfire was heard "just as a bell rang
to signal the start of classes at Grover Cleveland Elementary in San Carlos, California."

After  fifteen minutes of non-stop shooting, eight students and a police officer were wounded.
The school's Principal and the custodian were dead. After a six-hour siege, the sniper surrendered.

Sixteen year-old Brenda Spencer had just received a 22-caliber rifle with 400 rounds of amunition
as a Christmas gift from her father. When asked why she assaulted the students, her reply was
  “I don’t like Mondays. This livens up the day."



It behooves me to give the last words–from a 2013 video–
to Geldof and the director of the music video.
_____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment