Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Lost Island Of New York

____________________________________________________________________________________


Not "Oh Brother" But North Brother



⬅ That is the
Whitestone Bridge
 ● If the map were widened
to include that dot,
you could see where
I grew up.

I lived there for 25 years
but knew nothing about
North Brother Island
–only five miles from
my boyhood home–
until last month.






Once the site of a hospital, the island is now uninhabited by humans
but functions as a bird sanctuary.

Recently, someone named "Victav" kayaked to the island.
I had to restrain myself from posting all of the forty-one
photographs he took while visiting a bird sanctuary.

No commentary of mine can do them justice other than to say
he didn't photograph any birds.








 




 















____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment