Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Long-Lost 1965 Autographed First Edition

____________________________________________________________________________________

The Singularge Experience 
of Miss Anne Duffield

the manuscript of Lennon's bizarre and hilarious parody of Sherlock Holmes from his book A Spaniard in the Works published in 1965 which sold for $209,000

More Information: http://artdaily.com/news/70561/John-Lennon-Drawings-and-Manuscripts-Sale-100--sold-at-Sotheby-s-New-York#.U5NP4y8QI7A[/url]
Copyright © artdaily.org
The manuscript of  John Lennon's 
bizarre and hilarious parody 
of Sherlock Holmes, from his book 
A Spaniard in the Works,
sold for $209,000


I read Art Daily Today, Oh Boy 

This text plus other items
related to author John Lennon's
1965 book sold for a total of
nearly three million dollars
at Sotheby's New York. 

However...



In 1965, I owned an autographed first edition of A Spaniard in the Works.

When I told Mrs. CarPeo
about my autographed
treasure, she said

Think how much 
it would be worth
today. How did you 
getJohn Lennon's
autograph?
 
I didn't mean to mislead
Mrs. C but my copy
wasn't autographed
by John.


This image is not mine.
 It is from eBay



As for my 1965 first edition of that book by the undisputed leader of the Beatles:
It was autographed by the undisputed leader of the Oliverio family!

This is what my Mother wrote in the book:

This book belongs to my son, Paul.
Someday, he may be smart enough
to both read it and understand it.

...........Grace Oliverio.........

...I had to settle for reproducing her autograph in  Trebuchet Font
because my 1965 first edition of A SPANIARD IN THE WORKS
disappeared sometime during the next decade...

Life goes on.  

 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
The soundtrack of this page is better known as Obla-di-Obla-da.

The next Beatles' page is here. 
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

6 comments:

  1. But how did Mickey Mouse get his hands on this treasure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know that?
      You musta got that piece of information
      from my museum assistant friend, Ima Joken.

      She told me that at a Disney memorabilia auction,
      some of the auctioned items were mishandled
      and ended up stained with
      Mickey Mouse Ear Wax!

      Delete
    2. The Almighty Mickey Mouse
      gets his hands on EVERYTHING!

      Exactly the way Walt Disney intended it!

      Delete
  2. I'm a Donald Duck fan myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too prefer Donald...because he was the Disney character
    who "personally" met Pythagoras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please postulae,

    ReplyDelete