Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, June 9, 2014

AQUABATICS #2: Vertical Fish Made Me Wish

____________________________________________________________________________________

I Wish I Were French Symbolist Odilon Redon


Then I would look
at the garden eel...

An artistic urge 
would make 
me feel 

I have been 
through the 
looking glass

At their aquatic 
home. Now I
must pass...


To my own home
immediately

And think most
creatively 

How strong I
would feel it

Inspiration:
my co-pilot

A water worm dance
filling my head

Charcoal dancing
in my bed


Aha! Aha! 
Ahem! Ahem!

I, being Redon, 
would then create

A HEAD ON A STEM

 






Odilon Redon
(1840-1916)














____________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
The image page for Odilon Redon is here.

AQUABATICS is a series of GoodFather pages
inspired by visiting the Aquarium of the Pacific.

The "Dubious Docent" (aka, me) could not have created this page
without the help of an art historian better known as Mrs. CarPeo.

The "Vertical Fish" also made me wish I didn't have to borrow 
their image from Mr. Jay Pegg.

But Mr. Pegg photographed the garden eels at their community center
with enough verticality to justify the page title.

As for Dubious Docent, he photographed
a small family of eels in a swaying mood.





____________________________________________________________________________________


4 comments:

  1. They attend to the scene in the sea as meerkats attend to the land in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meerkats live in troops my dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Redon misses His Eric Satie

    ReplyDelete