Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

He Said...She Said...(He/She #30) ©

____________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________

"Thanks for getting a scone. And tea! What's the occasion?"

"The conversation I just heard while waiting to order?"

"I'm all ears."

"Two British people on line in front of me were talking
  about the Royal Family."

"Don't tell me: you smiled at them and they picked up your tab."

"Don't interrupt me unless you have something really funny to say."

"My bad."

"Anyway. I heard the older man raise his voice, defensively.
  Queen Elizabeth is incorruptible. To which the younger man
  replied–in a whisper–For Queen Mum, corruption is redundant.
  He looked at me when he said it and..." 

"Was he hitting on you? Where is he?"

"Stop. He immediately looked back at the older man and said
  When a family does essentially nothing but costs the taxpayers
  three million pounds a year, then the family's corruption is redundant."

"How profound!"

"Neither of them said another word and then they were gone."

"How much is three million pounds in American money?"

"A half-billion dollars."

"Then Let us raise our cups of tea to the Royal Taxpayers of England."

"The family that is royaled is the family that is spoiled." __________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment