Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 21, 2014

STREET ART UTOPIA (#9) + A New Yorker Cover

____________________________________________________________________________________


So Simple...So Elegant...So Unexpected








© Oakoak











So Simple...So Elegant...So New Yorkery

J. J. Sempe is a French cartoonist
whose 1996 New Yorker cover
looks like it could have been
a 1956 cover.

It is classic in its soft tones.

Prints of 82 New Yorker 
Sempe covers can be purchased
from the Conde Nast Store
for $100 or more per print.

I think that means Mr. Sempe
is a financially successful artist.

But I hope, I hope that OakOak
is an artist who is not broke, 
not broke.

Maybe someday, OakOak will do
a New Yorker cover
I hope, I hope!    




When artists can create art where we least expect it,
the only thing they should not be is poor.

The next New Yorker page is here.

The next Street Art page is there. 
____________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. It is all sooooooo goooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all sooooooo goooood!

      I think that is a Bob Dylan quote.
      Maybe, maybe not....
      but it is a true statement, absolutely

      Delete