Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

She Said No...

______________________________________________________________________________________


The selling point of this 1996 book...

   Was the publisher
   not the royal subject matter:
  (YES: Elvis is the King)


   If she had been a designer
   for Abraham & Strauss–
   instead of Abrams Books–
   she wouldn't have become
   my fiance.

  (She prefers her name be withheld
    at this time.)

    ELVIS
    THE ULTIMATE
    ALBUM COVER BOOK 
    looks wonderful
    on any hip coffee table.

    But before I reached for my credit card
    I reached for my phone.




"My boss wanted me to design it.
 She was none too pleased when I said no."

  Let X = the boss  


 Let Y = the designer responsible for an Abrams bestseller:


The Complete Book of Dallas

 


 If Z = the number of hours the designer
 worked on the Dallas book
 Then Z = 250


 Let E = that precise moment when
 the Elvis Album Cover book
 needed a designer...when Y
 was available for a project

 Then F = Lack of Pleasure on her boss' behalf
 when designer Y said

 NO



 
Anyway, that is how my fiance explained it over the phone while I was in Fingerprints 
music/book store.  But I translated what she said to algebraic notation.
Lewis Carroll would have been proud of me. 


Then G = Exuberant Pleasure I got
for learning when my fiance used
that notorious two-letter word



I

bought

the book

but did
not pay

coffee-table-
book dollars





Below is a 1996
book review:


The shelves of Elvisiana receive another notable addition in Elvis: The Ulitmate Album Cover Book, by Paul Dowling, who owns the world's largest Elvis record collection. In full color, the book repr- produces 226 album covers from nearly 40 different countries, including not only the expected ones (American versions of the movie soundtrack platters, for instance) but also...
 




Coincidentally,
1996 was the year–
I said "NO" to
Tom Brokaw
regarding
this news
article.


So be it. 





And then along came 2012...

Fools fall in love
in a hurry
Fools give their hearts
much too soon

Just put in two bars
of stardust
Just hang out
one silly moon

But more than 2 years later,
Mr. & Mrs. CarPeo
could not be
more in love.

And will be even more so
Come September... 


Anyone reading this page has earned an invitation to a wedding
whose date is yet to be determined. 

Orthophonic?

Is it Music
to be worn
like a shoe?















Let W = the Abrams designer
by default.

W did an excellent job and
W  inspired another page.





  
 _____________________________________________________________________________________
Footnote
Bonus soundtrack: an existential Elvis singing Chuck Willis' I Feel So Bad.
_____________________________________________________________________________________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment