Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Onion News Commentary

____________________________________________________________________________________

SONNY CORLEONE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE 
IF HE HAD E-ZPASS



by Charles E. Galvin
CEO, E-ZPass Group 




Over the years, I’ve watched The Godfather more times than I can count.
It is, without a doubt, a crown jewel of American cinema.

No matter how many times I see it, though, there’s one part I can never make it
through without getting a little lump in my throat.

That’s because with each viewing, I become more convinced that had Sonny Corleone
been driving a car equipped with E-ZPass, he would still be alive today.

You recall the iconic scene: With tensions rising between the Five Families,
a trap is laid for Sonny, who, shortly after handing a bill to a man
behind a tollbooth, is brutally gunned down by rival gangsters.

It’s a hard two minutes for anyone to watch, but for me, the chief executive
of a multistate electronic toll-collection system, it’s especially tough.





The essay continues here.







The Sonny Corleone tollbooth image is from youTube








= ONION NEWS = "here."






____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment