Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 24, 2014

A Poem By Sappho

___________________________________________________________________________________




Some say
A company of horsemen

Others a legion of foot soldiers
And others a fleet of ships

Is the most beautiful thing
to behold on this black earth

I say The most beautiful
Is whomever
One loves.

Sappho 
(7th century BC) 





 ___________________________________________________________________________________


3 comments:

  1. Headline!
    Man writes poem to woman.
    Portal to this page
    Man successfully woos woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo is me to woo you who i do loooooooov

    Bless my CarPeo
    This is a bust:
    No way, to me, are you
    Anonymous!

    But what do you know...
    The poem began with Sappho

    And is trumpeted forever
    through the horn of Satchmo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is not only the apple
    Of my eye
    He is the Olive

    ReplyDelete