Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Father, Who Died In California

OTTO JENSEN WAS HIS NAME 
____________________________________________________________________________________




Marie handled all the billing for Jensen Photography

Norman was their only child



But if you follow the line 
from Otto's youthful nose, 

through my reflection...
into the street...

That is exactly where Otto was run over.

He was 101-years old. 

He had photographed Prince Charles, 

Richard Nixon, Claudette Colbert, Walt Disney, 
my mother, Jayne Mansfield, my father and my car.

He taught me how to tango with Tangueray Gin.


He photographed 1001 Burbank municipal employes and 101 of their bosses.

If any of my photographs are worth praising,  it is because of what I learned from him.

If any of my photographs are worth ignoring, just ignore them 
and have a nice day. ____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment