Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 10, 2014

West Coast Nephew/ East Coast Uncle

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Hello, Nephew."

"Uncle Pete, how is life in Massapequa?"

"What life in Massapequa?"

"Oh, I forgot. You're almost 99 years old."

"You must be confusing my age
with that infernal California winter weather."

"Close:  80 degrees in Long Beach today."

"Ten degrees per inch."

"Ten degrees per inch. What do you mean?"

"Snow! We're supposed to have eight inches."

"Give my regards to your ratio."

"Give my regards to your sarcasm."

____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment