Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, May 23, 2014

Image Is Everything

____________________________________________________________________________________

I Am A "Rock"...





I am the one on the left
colored with psychedelic heft

Colors did not happen naturally
I was rescued from the sea

A bi-valve barnacled
Inside a shell
My family was 
Slimmier than hell  




Each and every one of them ugly
Don't believe me
Take a look and see:










Then I was rescued and became a new me
Found on the floor of a Ford Factory.

Just like the rest of my adopted photogenic family.




 ____________________________________________________________________________________
Reality Based Footnotes
Simon & Garfunkel make a guest appearance on this page
with their song, I Am A Rock.

I am a Long Beach resident who is dedicating the soundtrack
to an Alamitos Bay Harbor Master.

And I am a' hoping that Mrs. CarPeo takes seriously the literature
the Harbor Master gave me yesterday morning.

It was, of course, Mrs. CarPeo who introduced me to Fordite.

But it was Mr. CarPeo, in a page-ending burst of egotism,
who was the "Mussel King of Rocky Point."  
____________________________________________________________________________________


5 comments:

  1. The green mussels are rather pretty and on a couple of occasions,
    clams have made me a shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Green" mussels can be pretty
      after getting out of the sea bed....

      After they have showered, shaved,
      and shampooed...

      then...and only then...
      are they ready
      for public viewing
      & consumption

      Delete
  2. Green muscles hulk above the sea
    Green mussels blow bubbles in the tea
    at the hatter party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be invited to the Green hatter party

      Delete
    2. The green Hatter party is minus a titmouse but still VERY CUTE!

      Delete