Quote-unQuote

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think therefore I am troubled = RENEE DESCARTES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, May 9, 2014

The 64 Year-Old Teenager's Nightmare

____________________________________________________________________________________


The 64 year-old teenager
stepped up to the podium

His audience was smart
not one was dumb.

Here is what
the speaker said:

I got 4-inner 16 year olds
cavorting in my head.

[Uproarious laughter]

But there is more to me than that.
I got 8-inner 8 year-olds.
They all live under the same hat.

[Only half the audience laughed]

You think that's bad...it gets worse
I am also 16 little 4  year-olds
who just cry and scream and curse

[Half the audience walked out]

Wait! There is still more that is true
My inner 2-year-olds number 32

[The other half of the audience  walked out]

Now nobody's here to call me MATHAMAGOO 


____________________________________________________________________________________
Footnotes
Only a graduate of the Lewis Carroll School of Logic could have written this poem
but it is Mrs. CarPeo, Pratt Institute Class of  __, who holds the copyright to the verse.

She is responsible for the photograph and has requested an addenda...

In nine days, Mr. CarPeo will become–ahem–a serious and solemn 65 year-old.
Please send all birthday gifts to this website.
____________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment